Sydenham-Hillside Primary School only accepts enrolments for prep students in the year before they start school. Sydenham-Hillside Primary School does not have a waiting list and does not accept enrolment for students younger than 4 years of age.

If you would like to enrol your child at Sydenham-Hillside Primary School you may do so by visiting the administration office at either campus, or alternatively by phoning Sydenham Campus on 9361 5300 or Hillside Campus on 9361 5400 to book a school tour.

Enrolment forms must be completed, signed and returned to our office with the following original documents which will be copied by the School:

  • Proof of residential location (eg Rates notice, utilities notice)
  • Your child's Birth Certificate
  • Immunisation Certificate (showing full immunisation to age 5) obtained from Medicare
  • Passport, if born overseas
  • Visa (if applicable)

This is a Department of Education and Training requirement. Enrolment forms will not be accepted without birth details.


For families arriving from overseas, school entry is determined by the Visa Subclass Number on your child's Passport. Students unable to enrol directly into the School can enrol via the International Education Division. Please contact them on 03 9637 2990, by email on international@education.vic.gov.au or visit their website on www.study.vic.gov.au for further information.


Our School Zone
Find my school hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. 

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/enrolment/guidance/placement-policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department's website under School zones 


If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email vsba@education.vic.gov.au






© Copyright 2019 Sydenham-Hillside Primary School